The Nikon A1R confocal microscope is combined with a STED detector allowing imaging with a large field of view and high resolution. It includes the following features:
- High speed resonant scanner: Maximum frame rate can reach 720 frames per second.
- Large field of view (25 mm) results in fewer total images required for large high-resolution image stitching.
- 4 Detector ports are standard and allow simultaneous or sequential detection of up to four channels of fluorescence:
- Two high sensitivity GaAsP detectors
- Two standard PMT’s
- 7 laser lines with solid state lasers: 405 nm, 445 nm, 488 nm, 514 nm, 561 nm 594 nm, 640 nm.
- Nikon perfect focus system (PFS) is the solution to keep cells in focus over prolonged time-lapse imaging sessions. Pick the focal plane and PFS monitors the focus every 5ms to maintain focus indefinitely.
- Accessories: Motorized XY stage and piezo Z stage for rapid sectioning.
- 4X, 10X, 20X air objectives, 40X silicone, and 60X and 100X oil objectives live on stand. 20X multi-immersion objective is available upon request.
- Stage top incubator for temperature, humidity, and CO2 atmospheric control.
Samples up to several hundred microns thick (sample dependent). Live or fixed (temperature, humidity and CO2 available). Low magnification high resolution imaging as well as high magnification high resolution. FRAP/PA/PC capabilities.