The facility is currently equipped with the following instrumentation
BD LSRII Multi-Laser Analyzer w/ HTS
- Five-laser fixed alignment benchtop system.
- 355, 405, 488, 561, & 640nm lasers for excitation.
- Capable of up to 14-color acquisition.
- Equipped with high-throughput 96 & 384-well plate automated microsampler.
BD FACSVantage SE w/ DiVa
Three laser cell sorting system with advanced digital acquisition (DiVa) technology.
- Tunable laser excitation sources. Ultraviolet, 488, 568 & 647nm lines are most commonly utilized.
- Capable of up to 10 parameter (8-color, 2-scatter) acquisition.
- Performs sorting into multi-well plates or four separate tubes.
- Equipped with sample and sort tube temperature control.
Bio-Rad S3 Cell Sorter
Dual laser (488 & 561nm) benchtop cell sorter.
- Capable of 6 parameter (4-color, 2-scatter) detection.
- Automated setup: has automated startup, stream-to-laser alignment and drop delay calculation.
- Automated operation monitoring: has droplet breakoff , sample volume, and sort collection tube volume monitoring for walk-away sorting.
- Automated fluidics monitoring: all reservoirs are self-monitoring and display the amount of time before a swap is required.
- Fluids may be hot-swapped during a sort.
- Temperature control of the sort and sample tube holders.
- Available to trained users 24/7.
COPAS BioSort Worm Sorter
Large particle cytometer for analyzing, sorting and dispensing cells and organisms 40-175µm in size.
- Two laser excitation lines: 488 & 514nm with five parameter (3-color) acquisition.
- ReFlx system for sampling directly from 96-well plates.
- Profiler II option that allows for the spatial mapping of fluorescence signals along the length of the organism.
Beckman Coulter Z2 Particle Counter
- 100µm aperture for particle sizing and counting via Coulter Principle (Electrical Sensing Zone Method).
- Useful for yeast and mammalian cell counts.
- Reports count, concentration, and size distribution results.
- Equipped with AccuComp software for improved data analysis and presentation.
- Thin-layer cell preparation system.
- Uses centrifugation to deposit cells onto a clearly defined area of a glass slide.
- Can process up to 12 specimens at one time.