- The microscope base is a fully motorized Nikon Ti-E with Perfect Focus System (interferometric based focus maintenance (PFS)). The system also has a piezo stage with 100 um range capable of up to 100 steps/sec, mounted in a fully motorized XY stage.
- A Yokogawa spinning disc (CSU-21) is mounted with a quad dichroic accommodating 405, 488, 561, and 647 lasers. The spinning disc detector is a Hamamatsu ImageM back thinned EMCCD and an Orca sCMOS Flash fitted with a TuCam adapter.
- There is also a Nikon DsRi2 color camera for H&E staining.
- A 100 mW Bruker mini-scanner module is mounted, capable of producing 405 nm cw ROI specific excitation.
- This system has an Agilent laser launch with 405, 488, 561, and 640 lasers.
- There is also an environmental control chamber for long-term live cell imaging.
- This system is also fitted with a rheometer for high speed imaging while simultaneously acquiring viscosity/shear data.
Best Application/s: Samples less than one hundred microns thick (sample dependent). Live or fixed (temp. and CO2 available), optimized for live-cell. High magnification, high temporal and spatial resolution imaging. Ablation and FRAP/PA/PC capabilities. Rheometry. Color tiling.