- The Leica SP5 Confocal has a filter-free spectral detector system with five individually tunable channels. The spectral separation is accomplished by a unique prism design.
- Each detector is freely tunable over the entire visible spectrum. The SP5 has a prism base beam splitter (AOBS) that allows for free selection of up to 8 Lasers from UV – IR. The spectral range of the detector optics covers 400 - 800nm.
- The scanner can be run in either conventional or resonant modes. The conventional scanner can be scanned unidirectional or bi-directional with a speeds ranging from 10Hz to 2800Hz. The resonant scan can also be scanned unidirectional or bi-directional at 8000Hz or 1600Hz respectively with a maximum frame rate of 250.
- The system is equipped with a Z-galvanometer that allow for XZ scanning as well as fast XYZ scanning. The scanning stage allows for stitching together images from large fields of view as well as imaging multiple positions as XYZT images.
- The laser lines available on the SP5 are 405, 458, 476, 488, 514, 561, 594 and 633. Of the 5 detectors on the system 3 are conventional PMTs, 2 are Hybrid detectors (HyD). Leica HyD detectors provide highly sensitive photon detection.
- There is a Warner chamber for temperature control of live experiments
Best Application/s: Samples up to several hundred microns thick (sample dependent). Live or fixed (temp. and CO2 available). Low magnification high resolution imaging (as well as high magnification high resolution). CFP/YFP fluorophores. FRAP/PA/PC capabilities.